I’m really good at worrying. It seems like anxiety is my default mode when presented with anything that requires a decision on my part. That anxiety piles up day after day until I can barely move under the weight of it all. Anxiety weighs down the heart!
- Have you ever felt the weight of anxious thoughts?
- What makes you anxious?
- What does it feel like to bear the burden of those anxious fearful thoughts?
- What do you get out of being anxious?
Kindness has a way of lightening the load. When kind words are spoken to a heavy heart, they bring hope and encouragement to keep going. My wife is the kindest person I know. I think God must have known that I needed someone to lighten my heavy heart and blessed me with her. She sprinkles her kindness everywhere she goes and brightens everyone’s day in the process.
- Have you every experienced your burden lifted by the kind words of another?
- Is there any part of you that resists that kindness because you want to hold onto that anxiety?
- Is there someone in your life that you need to speak a kind word to?
- Do you ever withhold kind words from another because you want them to worry?
Kindness is contagious. If you are in need of some just start spreading it around and you’ll see it everywhere!