Imagine with me for a moment that we didn’t have the book of Romans as part of the canon of scripture. Without the book of Romans we would not have any of the following.
- “I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes” – Rom. 1:16
- “God’s kindness leads you toward repentance” – Rom. 2:4
- “for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and all are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus.” – Rom. 3:23-24
- “But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.” – Rom. 5:8
- “For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.” – Rom. 6:23
- “Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus” – Rom. 8:1
- “And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.” – Rom. 8:28
- “If God is for us, who can be against us?” – Rom. 8:31
- “For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.” – Rom. 8:38-39
- “That if you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be save.” – Rom. 10:9
- “Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.” – Rom. 12:21
Thank you Lord for including the book of Romans in the Bible. Oh, how we need the truths that it contains!