Solomon is upping the ante on the importance of God’s wisdom in our lives. “It is your life” or in other words, your life depends on it! How often do I value God’s Word that highly? How often do I, instead, take it for granted?
- Do I take time daily to read and meditate on God’s Word?
- Do I pray and ask God before I jump into the Bible for guidance and wisdom from His Word?
- When I sit down to read the Bible, do I expect to hear from God?
- Do I have a notebook and something to write with because I want to record what God speaks to me?
- Do I read the Bible as if my life depends on hearing from God today?
Hold on to the wisdom that God gives you for today. Don’t let go of it when the temptations and trials of today come at you. Guard those precious words against the enemy that wants to steal them away. Live today by and through the Word of God. Let His wisdom be your strength, your shield, your hope, your joy!
“Then he told them many things in parables, saying: “A farmer went out to sow his seed. As he was scattering the seed, some fell along the path, and the birds came and ate it up. Some fell on rocky places, where it did not have much soil. It sprang up quickly, because the soil was shallow. But when the sun came up, the plants were scorched, and they withered because they had no root. Other seed fell among thorns, which grew up and choked the plants. Still other seed fell on good soil, where it produced a crop—a hundred, sixty or thirty times what was sown.” Mt. 13:3-8
Where is God’s Word going to land in your life today?