What an intimate way for Paul to close this letter. Paul wasn’t afraid to go to his heart. He spoke from his heart and wrote from his heart. That is so lacking in our world today. Men that are willing to live life from their heart. Yet, that is what we are called to do as Christians.
- “I will give them an undivided heart and put a new spirit in them; I will remove from them their heart of stone and give them a heart of flesh.” Eze. 11:19
- “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.” Mark 12:30
- “A good man brings good things out of the good stored up in his heart, and an evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in his heart. For the mouth speaks what the heart is full of.” Luke 6:46
- “But thanks be to God that, though you used to be slaves to sin, you have come to obey from your heart the pattern of teaching that has now claimed your allegiance.” Rom 6:17
- “Sing and make music from your heart to the Lord,” Eph 5:19
- “let us draw near to God with a sincere heart” Heb. 10:22
- “love one another deeply, from the heart.” 1 Pet. 1:22
And there are more than 500 other references to our heart in the scriptures. What keeps you from living from your heart? God has ransomed your heart and is waiting for you to be the passionate, powerful, purposeful man that he created you to be.