- We were dead. But God loved us.
- We deserved wrath. But God loved us.
- We were His enemies. But God loved us.
- We were in bondage to our sin. But God loved us.
- We were children of disobedience. But God loved us.
I am so thankful that God put a “but” in there! I am so grateful that He didn’t leave me where I was. God had mercy on us! We are no longer dead but have been made alive. We have been saved, sanctified, set free, and set apart. We are loved, chosen, and adopted by God.
- What have you faced in your life that could have been the end but God made a way?
- What are you currently going through that you need a “But God” addendum to?
But God suffered him not to hurt me (Gen.31:7). But God shall be with you (Gen. 48:21). But God meant it unto good (Gen. 50:20). But God led the people about (Ex. 13:18). But God delivered him not into his hand (1Sam. 23:14). But God will redeem my soul (Ps. 49:15). But God is the strength of my heart (Ps. 73:26). But God is the judge (75:7). But God overthroweth the wicked (Prov. 21:12). But God was with him (Acts 7:9). But God raised him from the dead (Acts 13:30). But God gave the increase (1Cor. 3:6). But God is faithful (1Cor. 10:13). But God had mercy on him (Phl 2:27).
No matter what life brings, our God has the answer!